Participating in Caribe Wave is free and simple! Just follow these seven steps:
- Register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Caribewave22reg
- On exercise day, March 10, 2022, the Department of Disaster Management will trigger the National Early Warning and Multi-hazard Alert System, which means that sirens, radio notifications, SMS messages and our DDM app will notify the public of the test.
- When you hear the alert, react as you normally would during an earthquake: Drop, Cover and Hold On.
- After one minute, proceed to your tsunami assembly point. Conduct safety checks as you would during a real emergency.
- Practice conducting a damage check when you get back to your home, school, or office.
- Reflect on what you’ve learned and incorporate that into your updated emergency plans and procedures. Share feedback on how it went at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V6B7388
- Finally, we’d love to see your photos and videos on social media, so please share them and tag @BVIDDM or use the hashtag #CaribeWaveBVI