La Soufriere Eruption Scientific Update – April 9, 2021 8pm
– Vigorous ash venting resumed at La Soufriere at approximately 2:45 pm.
– Lightning can now be seen in the ash column due to its highly charged nature.
– After the initial explosion, seismicity increased again at approximately 11:30am with a swarm of earthquakes lasting until 2:40pm.
– Continuous tremor has been recorded since 3pm with the largest signals accompanying the most vigorous venting.
– The volcano continues to be in an explosive phase that may last several days to weeks.
“NEMO St. Vincent and the Grenadines”
“Posted by: UWI Seismic Research Centre”