Synopsis: The presence of a tropical wave will continue to cause unsettled weather conditions across the area over the next 24 hours. Meanwhile Tropical Storm Gabrielle will continue to affect portions of the BVI with heavy downpours, gusty winds and significant flooding.
Wx: Cloudy to overcast skies today and tonight with moderate to heavy showers, accompanied by widespread thunderstorms. Due to the continuation of numerous heavy showers, a flash flood warning remains in place for the BVI until 4:00 p.m. today.
Winds: SSE at 12-18 knots, with higher gusts during heavier showers..
Seas: Moderate, swells not exceeding 1.5 metres or 5 feet.
Barometric Pressure: Below normal.
Sunset today: 6:29 pm.
Sunrise tomorrow: 5:58 am.
- Document Centre
- Risk Analysis & Climate Adaptation
- Records Management, Project Implementation & Reporting
- Marketing Awareness & Knowledge Management
- Early Warning & Communication Systems Development
- Business Continuity & Community Development
- Inter & Intra Departmental Services
- Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction
- Capacity Building
- National Volunteer Registry
- Community Emergency Response Team(CERT)
- Business Emergency Response Team (BERT)
- Hazard Vulnerability Assessment(HVA)
- National Relief and Recovery Assistance
- Orientation to Business Continuity & Recovery Planning
- Evacuation Planning
- Simulation Exercise Planning
- VHF Radio Telephone Workshop
- Logistics Support Systems (LSS)
- 2017 Training, Exercise & Meeting Schedule
- Kids Corner
- Contact Us