11TH September 2010 -A broad area of low pressure located over the eastern Caribbean Sea early this afternoon will continue moving slowly west northwest the rest of this afternoon through tonight and early Sunday. Deep tropical moisture and instability associated with this system will continue to lift west northwest across the local area through at least early Sunday and will combine with local effects and favorable upper level conditions to produce bands of showers and thunderstorms across the territory from time to time. Some showers maybe heavy and induce flooding in areas with poor drainage. For this reason a flash flood watch
has been issued until 4AM Sunday.
Marine conditions are expected to deteriorate during the passing squalls and thunderstorms. Small Craft have been asked to exercise caution during the watch period.
Residents and visitors are asked monitor weather conditions as the Atlantic
and Eastern Caribbean area is very active. The DDM will continue to monitor
the system and provide weather releases as necessary. Please visit the Department of Disaster Management’s website
at www.bviddm.com for continuously updated information.
Disclaimer: The Department of Disaster Management (DDM) is not an official Meteorological Office. The Information disseminated by the Department is gathered from a number of professional sources used or contracted by the DDM to provide such information. This information is to be used as a guide by anyone who has interest in local weather conditions. By no means can the DDM or the BVI Government be held accountable by anyone who uses this information appropriately for legal evidence or in justification of any decision which may result in the loss of finances, property or life.
- Document Centre
- Risk Analysis & Climate Adaptation
- Records Management, Project Implementation & Reporting
- Marketing Awareness & Knowledge Management
- Early Warning & Communication Systems Development
- Business Continuity & Community Development
- Inter & Intra Departmental Services
- Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction
- Capacity Building
- National Volunteer Registry
- Community Emergency Response Team(CERT)
- Business Emergency Response Team (BERT)
- Hazard Vulnerability Assessment(HVA)
- National Relief and Recovery Assistance
- Orientation to Business Continuity & Recovery Planning
- Evacuation Planning
- Simulation Exercise Planning
- VHF Radio Telephone Workshop
- Logistics Support Systems (LSS)
- 2017 Training, Exercise & Meeting Schedule
- Kids Corner
- Contact Us