close
HIGH CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS TONIGHT

HIGH CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS TONIGHT

October 27, 20171454Views

Synopsis: Moisture and instability associated with a trough system west of the islands will continue to generate unsettled weather across the area. Possible rainfall total for the forecast period is 13 to 25 mm (0.50 to 1.00 inch); hence minor flooding is possible.

Weather today: Occasionally cloudy and a 70 percent or high chance of showers with a 30 percent or low chance of thunderstorms.

Weather tonight: Mostly cloudy with a 90 percent or very high chance of showers and a 30 percent or low chance of thunderstorms.

Winds: East to east-southeast at 15 to 24 km/h or 8 to 13 knots and gusting higher in showers.

Seas: Moderate with heights 1.2 to 1.8 meters or 4 to 6 feet and occasionally reaching 2.4 meters or occasionally reaching 8 feet. Small craft operators and beachgoers should continue to exercise caution particularly on the Atlantic side of the Islands.

Sunset today:  5:48 pm.

Sunrise tomorrow:  6:16 am.

Please continue to monitor local media stations, DDM’s website (bviddm.com) and Facebook at BVIDDM for regular updates.

Disclaimer: The Department of Disaster Management (DDM) is not an official Meteorological Office. The Information disseminated by the Department is gathered from a number of professional sources used or contracted by the DDM to provide such information. This information is to be used as a guide by anyone who has interest in local weather conditions. By no means can the DDM or the BVI Government be held accountable by anyone who uses this information appropriately for legal evidence or in justification of any decision which may result in the loss of finances, property or life.