close
UNSTABLE WEATHER CONDITIONS AFFECTING THE BVI

UNSTABLE WEATHER CONDITIONS AFFECTING THE BVI

September 26, 2014618Views
Synopsis: A mid to upper level low pressure system is destabilizing the atmosphere across the area; thus, the chances of precipitation are high. Showers or rain could be locally heavy and rainfall totals of 3-10 mm are possible over the next 24 hours, mainly across the northern half of the islands.
Today: Partly sunny with a 40 percent (or moderate) chance of showers and a 20% (or slight) chance of thunderstorms, mainly this afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a 60% (or high) chance of rain and a 40% (or moderate) chance of thunderstorms.
Winds: The wind will be east-southeast today and southeast tonight at 5 to 10 knots and lighter at times.
Hi:    88
Low: 77
Seas: The seas will be moderate with heights less than 1.5 metres of less than 5 feet.
Barometric Pressure: The atmospheric pressure is near normal.
Sunset today:  6:11 pm.
Sunrise tomorrow:  6:08 am.
Disclaimer: The Department of Disaster Management (DDM) is not an official Meteorological Office. The Information disseminated by the Department is gathered from a number of professional sources used or contracted by the DDM to provide such information. This information is to be used as a guide by anyone who has interest in local weather conditions. By no means can the DDM or the BVI Government be held accountable by anyone who uses this information appropriately for legal evidence or in justification of any decision which may result in the loss of finances, property or life.